Renewal Season is Here!
Read Robert DeNinno’s top benefit renewal and open enrollment tips on the Philadelphia Business Journal website.
- Start planning early
- Negotiate plans and rates
- Go digital
- Hit your benefits election deadline
- Consider early renewal negotiations
- Move your benefits effective date
Rite Aid Closing
Rite Aid is filing for bankruptcy and closing multiple stores nationwide, but they will continue to have a significant presence in the Philadelphia area.
Here are some important things to know for members:
- Rite Aid is actively working to remain in-network in 2024.
- Prescriptions are being filled normally across Rite Aid’s retail and online platforms.
- Rite Aid continues to support all members’ clinical and healthcare needs.
- Rite Aid intends to close certain underperforming stores, but they do not expect their retail
- pharmacy footprint to be significantly impacted in key markets.
- For closing locations, Rite Aid will work directly with members to transfer all prescriptions to another pharmacy chosen by the member.
- Rite Aid has committed to keeping Express Scripts informed about the locations of their pharmacies.
If you are a member of Independence Blue Cross (IBX):
- You can find an in-network pharmacy using the online pharmacy lookup tool at ibx.com or myibxtpabenefits.com.
- You can also call the Member Services number on the back of your ID card for assistance.
- If your benefits allow for a 90-day supply of maintenance medications at Rite Aid pharmacies, you can use the pharmacy look-up tool to find the next closest Rite Aid pharmacy for your benefit.
- You can also obtain a 90-day supply of medications to treat chronic conditions through mail order/home delivery.
Coming Soon! Digital Medical ID Cards for Paperless Subscribers
United Healthcare will roll out digital health plan ID cards to paperless subscribers starting October 2023. Subscribers will receive a welcome email with instructions on how to access and add their digital ID card to their Apple or Google wallet. Members can opt out and continue to receive a physical ID card. Groups on the USP and NICE platforms will be added to the rollout in Q1 2024 and TBD, respectively.
Cigna Healthcare on Consolidated Appropriations Act, Section 201, Gag Clauses
Cigna Healthcare complies with all applicable laws, rules and regulations and is actively preparing for the upcoming Gag Clause Prohibition Attestation. For fully insured group business, Cigna Healthcare will submit the Attestation on behalf of both Cigna Healthcare and its fully insured clients. Cigna will be attesting on behalf of level and graded funding groups. Precision Benefits Group will make all attestations before the deadline.
IBX Seasonal Flu Shot Coverage & Reimbursement
Protect yourself from the seasonal flu! IBX offers flu shot coverage and reimbursement. See your plan specifics below. To find in-network pharmacies and providers near you, log in at ibx.com.
Compliance Corner: IRS Lowers Electronic Filing Threshold for 2023 ACA Reporting
IRS lowers electronic filing threshold for ACA reporting to 10 forms. This applies to health insurance carriers, self-funded and level-funded plans, and ALEs. Brokers with smaller group clients that are ALEs or offering level-funded coverage should check for electronic filing solutions. Review the IRS’s updated instructions here.
Rob is an employee benefits expert with over 25 years of experience. He is the founder and principal of Precision Benefits Group, a leading provider of corporate benefits plans. He is a member of the Philadelphia Business Journal Leadership Trust and regularly contributes to the publication.